In collaboration with your vet, I will help you to find solutions to any behavioural problems that your dog(s) might have.
Using scientific based techniques, we will work together to formulate a treatment plan to address various behavioural problems.
Rather than just masking the behaviour, I aim to address the cause of any behavioural problem, and the associated emotions, to provide effective treatment.
Examples of behavioural problems:
- £125 for a 2-hour consultation
A 1-hour travel allowance is given to all clients - any travel time over this will incur an additional charge.
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. As per the APBC code of conduct, I only work on veterinary referral for behavioural problems. This is to ensure that medical factors that could be affecting the problem are diagnosed and can be treated appropriately. It may be the case that a particular problem does not have a behavioural component and is entirely caused by medical reasons. However, behavioural problems typically have a medical component requiring collaboration with your vet to devise the best course of action.
2. A in-depth questionnaire will be sent to you prior to the consultation, which will allow me to gain a detailed background about your pet. The information you give will be discussed during the consultation.
3. After receipt of your questionnaire, we will then arrange a 2-hour consultation where a full behavioural history will be taken. Following this, a diagnosis will be made using the relevant veterinary history and the discussions had during the consultation. We will then work together to devise a tailored treatment plan based around your lifestyle, where I will coach you through how to effectively carry it out.
4. A full report will be sent to you after the consultation, which will include the treatment plan for you to follow. A copy will also be sent to your vet for reference of confirmation of the diagnosis and advice given.
5. Following the initial consultation, you will have access to ongoing phone and email support. If you feel additional sessions are needed, then these can be offered at a reduced price.